ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department was established in the year 2008, during the inception of the Institution. The department was approved by the VTU as research centre in the year 2013.
"Nurturing enthusiasm and to promote research interests by applying chemical principles to meet the needs of the society".
- Impart quality education to achieve academic excellence through an effective teaching-learning environment.
- Awaken the young minds to explore their hidden potential with high ethical standards.
- Support the developmental activities of the college and make the department vibrant.
- Inculcate the basic principles of Chemistry for interdisciplinary innovative research programs.
- To be recognized as the best teaching-learning and research centre.
- To train students in various fields and enhance their knowledge in Chemistry with practical applications
- To encourage students to carry out the basic and interdisciplinary research work.
We have well established Engineering Chemistry Lab to support students for their development with respect to the first year BE course.
State of the art research laboratories with various instruments like compression molding unit, universal testing machine, electrochemical work station, DC power source which would help researchers and students for projects and research development.
Departmental library with a numerous collection of books related to chemistry and its applications in the various field of science and technology.
All the faculty in the department are actively involved in research with more than 100 publications in various national and international journals in the advanced domains like polymer composites, spectroscopy and pharmaceutical chemistry, electrodeposition-nano materials.
Department is involved in organizing various seminars, guest lectures, workshops and industrial visit for students to enrich their knowledge.