Srilanka a culturally vibrant country with a rich heritage daing back to the prehistoric period. This country though small in size has varieties of dance and music that's less known to the rest of the world. Each of them is a treatise by itself. The Srilankan day is celebrated to create awarness among our students and improve their asthetic knowledge of our neighbouring country Srilanka.
Alva’s Education Foundation has students from Srilanka studying various courses. To give these students an opportunity to showcase the beauty of their motherland Srilankan day was celebrated on 17th February 2016 at Vidyagiri Campus.
The following programs were organized by Srilankan Students:
- Pooja dance.
- Vijaya-kuweni - ancestral story.
- Wonder of Asia - SL documentary.
- Dalada Siritha - the story of bringing the “Tooth Relic” Of Lord Buddha.
- Mayura wannama (Picock dance)
- Pahatharata dance (Traditional dance form).
- Pot dance.
- Aadiwaasi narthanaya – ( Tribal dance).