Eight days Certification Course on “Cyber Security” was organized from 18th February, 2019 to 25th February 2019 by Department of CSE, Alva’s Institute of Engineering & Technology, Moodbidri, Karnataka with Technical Collaboration of Computer Society of India Student Chapter and Co Sponsored by Dlithe Bangalore.
The formal inaugural function was graced by the presence of Managing Trustee Sri. Vivek Alva, Principal Dr. Peter Fernandes, Head of the Department Dr. Manjunath Kotari, Mr. Arun V Raj Purohith, CEO Dlithe Bangalore, Mr. Deepak Bhatt, Information Security Consultant & Trainer, Infosectrain and CSI Student Branch Counsellor Prof. Harish Kunder.
The Resource Person Mr. Deepak Bhatt had given following assignments along with the hand-on training:
- Students are asked to do study on IPV4 addressing and to know how to set their kali Linux repository
- Introduction to Linux File System and Command Line
- Different Phases of Hacking
- Information Discovery
- Gaining Access
- Using Various Methods of Password Cracking
On the final day, hackathon was conducted for all the participants. Following assignments were given.
- Windows XP hacking ( Get the password key from the SAM FOLDER, also get system access) – 10 min
- Windows 7 hacking ( Get the password key from the SAM FOLDER) – 20 min
- Troll 2 Machine Hacking ( Get the root access) – 20 min
- Hackademic 1 hacking ( Get the root and key.txt file inside root) – 30 min
Mr. Deepak (resource person) monitored and judged the students based on their successful completion and time taken to complete
Following were the winners
- Priyanka, Sneha( Hacked Windows XP, Windows 7, Hacademics, Troll2 ( Reached half))
- Jayaraj ,Druvil ( Hacked Windows XP, Windows 7, Hacademics, Troll2 ( Reached half))
- Niharika, Rahul ( Hacked Windows XP, Windows 7, Hacademics )
About 70 CSE students were registered for the course and obtained a Certificate from the Dlithe Bangalore.