DEPARTMENT AT GLANCE
The primary aim of the Department throughout has been to offer various opportunities to all college students’ desirous of practicing sports seriously. Encourage the talented ones to make sincere effort to achieve the higher distinction in sports at V.T.U., State, Inter University and National/International levels by providing them the best available inputs in terms of equipment, coaching, training, nutrition, kitting etc.
The Department of Physical Education and Sports of ALVA’S Institute of Technology has etched a name for itself in several sports activities namely Athletics, Ball Badminton, Badminton, Best Physique, Cricket, Cross Country, Hand Ball, Kho-Kho, Power Lifting, Table Tennis, Weight Lifting, Volley Ball, Wrestling and Kabaddi to name a few. The Departmental Staffs are picked from the cream so as to strive to support and encourage all sportspersons of the college at all times.
College provides state of art multi gymnasiums and all the major sports outdoor facilities for Athletics, Cricket, Foot Ball, Volley Ball, Throw Ball courts which is well maintained by the Department of Physical Education.
Department also conducts college Sports Day, VTU Inter Collegiate tournaments on a yearly basis.
Management, Principal and staff are very supportive towards all the students who take part in sports activities and represent the college teams. The institution believes in over all development of an individual and provides various incentives to the students who achieve in V.T.U., State, Inter University and National/International levels.
The Sportspersons of Alva’s are very enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated and have brought laurels to the college. It is proud to say that ALVAS has positioned itself within top 4 positions in VTU sports and games ranking.
- To provide adequate infrastructure facilities so that students choose and participate in the events for which they have flair.
- Spot and groom sports talent and foster better human relations through sports and games.
- Imbibe students with discipline, leadership qualities, courage and sense of belonging through sports activities.
- Design and introduce innovative, integrated, inter disciplinary curriculum in Physical Education, sports and games and allied areas.
- Provide adequate Physical Education facilities and Program that are wholesome and attractive so as to enshrine sound mind in a sound body.
- Encourage and recognize budding sports persons and students with potential and provide coaching and training.
- Produce dedicated and passionate sports persons, who will always show high morale and sportsmanship at all times.
- Goal:Produce National & International players by providing innovative programmes in teaching, coaching and hi-tech sports facilities.
- Table Tennis, and other facilities like carom , Chess etc.,
- Multi gymnasium
- Stations to practice Weight lifting, Power Lifting and Best PhysiqueOut Door facilities:
- Standard Athletic Track of 400 mts.
- throws & Jumps Pavilion
- Fitness centre
- Volley Ball courts
- Hand Ball court
- Foot Ball field
- Kabaddi court
- Kho Kho court
- Throw Ball court
Incentives for outstanding sports persons:
- Sports facilities carrying free boarding, lodging, medical facility, sports kit and standard equipment to eligible sportspersons during participation of VTU Inter Collegiate competitions.
- Arrangements of special examination for sportspersons for missing regular examination on account of participation in VTU and other important competitions.
- Sports kit carrying T-shirt, shorts and equipments like cricket kit, Badminton kit, and costumes for Weight Lifters, Power Lifters, Wrestlers and other equipments during participation of VTU and important competitions.
- Track suits to those sportspersons for securing first or second position in VTU and other important competitions both individual and group events.
- Felicitation are made during College Day programme to high achievers like college Individual Championship athletes, Inter University participants/medal winners, VTU record holders and best outgoing sportspersons in any event.
- Free medical aid, Ultra Sound and Physiotherapy are given in case of any injury or illness.
- Connect outside coaches/event specialists for training/coaching in Volley Ball, Wrestling, Kabaddi, etc.,
- Grace Marks for participation in VTU Inter Collegiate competition/Inter University participation.