Overview of Sports Activities
All sport activities at AIET are conducted under the patronage and supervision of Dr Mohan Alva, Founder and Chairman, Alva’s Education Foundation. Mr Vivek Alva, Managing Trustee, AEF, Principals of all Colleges under AEF and Director of Physical Education are the members of the Sports Council. Besides, every college has a trained physical education instructor, who is responsible for the professional conduct of sport activities.
The main function of the Sports Council is to organize the inter-college sports events among the students of constituent colleges and select the best among them for the university team to represent the university at inter-university tournaments. The foundation adopts high potential athletes and sportspersons every academic year and provides them best training and infrastructure while they continue their professional education at AIET.
The students have won the highest number of awards at the Inter-Collegiate Sports Meet and have been decorated as the champions for various events such as Athletics, Ball Badminton, Badminton, Best Physique, Cricket, Cross Country, Hand Ball, Kho-Kho, Power Lifting, Table Tennis, Weight Lifting, Volley Ball, Wrestling and Kabaddi. The Institute has received a cash award of Rs.1 lakh from the Visvesvaraya Technological University during 2019 Inter-Collegiate Sports Events for having won the highest number of medals. AIET also conducts College Sports Day annually.
AIET has the best sports infrastructure for the development of sports talent in India. This has made AIET as force to reckon with in the sports across all events.
- Multi gymnasium
- Stations to practice weight lifting, power lifting and best physique
- Table tennis
- Carom and chess boards
- Standard athletic track of 400 mts.
- Throws & jumps pavilion
- Fitness centre
- Volley ball courts
- Hand ball court
- Foot ball field
- Kabaddi court
- Kho kho court
- Throw ball court
Incentives to Outstanding Sportspersons:
- Sports adoption entails free boarding, lodging, medical facility, sports kit and standard equipment to sportspersons who have qualified in the VTU Inter-Collegiate competitions.
- Special arrangement of internal exams for sportspersons who have missed exams on account of participation in tournaments.
- Track suits presented to sportspersons, who have secured first and second position in VTU and other important competitions.
- Felicitations to the winners at the College Day Celebrations such as award of individual Championships to athletes, Inter-University participants/medal winners, VTU record holders and the best outgoing sportsperson in each event.
- Free medical aid, ultra sound and physiotherapy to injured or unwell sportspersons.
- Invite outside coaches/event specialists for training/coaching in volley ball, wrestling, kabaddi, etc.