The Department of Agricultural Engineering was established in Alva’s Institute of Engineering & Technology, Moodabidri in the year 2021 to offer the four year B.E (Agri. Engg.) programme. In this programme, the students are exposed to a wide range of topics within the field of Agricultural Engineering such as Soil & Water conservation, Irrigation and Drainage, Farm Machinery and Power, Post-harvest Processing, Farm Buildings & Storage etc. Furthermore, once the students have graduated in the stream of Agricultural Engineering can apply their knowledge of engineering technology to design agricultural machinery, equipment and structures. They also develop ways to conserve soil and water and help improve the processing of existent agricultural products. The Department has well qualified and experienced staff involved in Teaching, Research and extension activities in various facets of Agricultural Engineering.
To serve the country by producing high-caliber technocrats who can combine farming with engineering and technology interventions and contribute to global food security and sustainable growth in agricultural production.
M1: To impart knowledge by establishing an environment that is conducive to teaching and learning.
M2: To create agricultural engineers who are both technically proficient and morally admirable in order to benefit society.
M3: To develop and enhance novel technologies to address current and foreseeable issues in agriculture.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
PEO1: To give students a thorough understanding of the principles of mathematics, science, and agricultural engineering so they can solve problems relating to engineering and farmers as well as pursue higher education.
PEO2: To equip graduates with the knowledge they need to function successfully in the tractor, food processing, irrigation, watershed management, and renewable energy fields.
PEO3: To expose students to cutting-edge technology and inspire them to take on new challenges to address societal and national issues through research, entrepreneurship, and skill development.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
PSO1: Using knowledge of basic and engineering sciences, identify challenges in agricultural engineering and design sustainable solutions.
PSO2: Embrace proper technology, resources, and modelling to pursue a successful professional career in the agro-industries, government agencies, educational institutions, and research institutes.
PSO3: Take the initiative in the growth of Agricultural Engineering and related businesses for the good of society. Adapt in a world of increasing technologies while maintaining professional ethics.
Job Opportunities of Agricultural Engineering graduates
- UPSC-Indian Forest Service (IFS Officer)
- National Seed Corporation of India (Technical Assistant)
- Food Corporation of India (Technical Assistant)
- Farm Machinery Testing & Training Institute (Agricultural Engineer)
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) (Agricultural Specialist Officer)
- Central Institute of Agricultural Engineering (Field Assistant)
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research (Field Assistant)
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute (Field Assistant)
- National Dairy Development Board
- Ministry of Agricultural – ACABC (Agriclinics & Agribusiness Centres)
- Krishi Vignan Kendra (Farm Manager, Programmer)
- Custom hiring centre
- Tractor companies – Mahindra tractor
- John Deere
- New Holland
- Micro-Irrigation companies- Jain Irrigation
- Sujay Irrigations Pvt. Ltd
- Food Processing Industries – Solvent extraction plants/oil mills
- Flour milling plant
- Dal Mill
- Grain based distilleries
- Cattle feed / poultry feed plants
- IT companies – Infosys
- DXC Technology
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Custom Hiring Centre for Agricultural Machines
- Food Processing Plant :
- Dairy Food Processing Plant
- Cashew Processing Plant
- Dal Mills Plant
- Feed Processing for Cattle, Poultry and Fish
- Tools & Techniques used in Food Quality & Safety
- Gramin Bhandaran Yojana (Rural Godown Scheme): Cold Storage Structure