Excellence in education is the prime focus of the institute. The grievance handling procedure will contribute to the maintaining the harmonious environment in the organization. The Grievance Redressal Committee has come up with a lot of initiatives that are oriented to providing a structured and effective complaints redressal mechanism. The committee proactively gives an opportunity to everyone in AIET to be listened to so that any feeling of injustice is sorted out promptly.
The institute’s policy on grievance redressal has been formulated in order to make all the students and employees aware of the complaint handling process. This system would ensure that the redressal sought is just and fair and is within the given frame-work of rules and regulation. The Committee shall discuss and analyze the causes for the complaints, the complaint resolution process and to discuss the progress and action plans on the same.
- Formation of grievance redressal cells to handle grievances.
- Redress students’, staff and faculty grievances separately
- Redress girl students’, lady staff and faculty grievances separately.
- A separate cell for ladies.
- Redress grievances promptly.
- To let employees present their issues without prejudging or commenting
- Use positive, friendly ways to resolve the crisis than punitive steps, which disturb the system.
- Reassure them that the authorities will be acting impartially and will try to resolve the matter as amicably as possible.
- Ensure effective, sensitive and confidential communication between all involved
- Ensure that there is proper investigation of the facts and figures related the problem
- Follow documentation of the procedures and of all necessary steps taken to resolve the problem/complaint
Protection of human rights is essential for all round development of an individual’s personality to realize the primary needs of the students and staff and secure civil liberties for everybody; a Grievance Redressal cell has been constituted. The cell is indented to find solutions for problems like sexual harassment, any kind of physical or mental harassment, complaints regarding class room teaching, class room management, completion of syllabus, teaching methods etc, if and when they arise. The grievance Redressal cell convenes meetings periodically and takes steps to redress the grievance.
There will be Grievance Redressal Committees at the Department/Institutes/central level to deal with the grievances of the students and staff.
- Department grievance committee will be as under:
- Head of the Department – Chairman
- Up to three faculties to be nominated by the Head of Department
This committee will deal with the Grievance related to Academic and Administrative matters of the Department.
- Institute Level Grievance Committee will be as under:
- Senior faculty – Chairman
- Up to five senior faculties to be appointed by the Head of Institute as members
This committee will deal with all the Grievances directly which is related to the common problems at Institute level both Academic and Administrative. In addition, this committee will also entertain the appeal filed by the student against the decision of the Department level committee.
- Central Grievance Redressal Committee will be as under:
- Chairman, AEF – Chairman
- Convener of the Faculty concerned
- Head of Department concerned
- Senior professor
This committee will deal with all the Grievances directly which is related to the common problems at institute level both Academic and Administrative. In addition, this committee will also entertain the appeal filed by student against the decision of the Institute level committee.
- An aggrieved student who has the Grievance or Grievances at the Department level shall make an application first to the HOD. The Head of Department after verifying the facts will try to redress the grievance within a reasonable time, if the student is not satisfied with the solution of the HOD, then the same should be placed before the Department level committee.
- If the student is not satisfied with the decision of Department committee, he/she can submit an appeal to the Institute level grievance committee within a week from the date of the receipt of the reply from the Department level committee.
- The convenor of Institute grievance committee, after verifying the facts and the papers concerned and having discussion within the Chairman of the Department committee will place the matter before the Institute level committee which shall either endorse the decision of the Department level committee or shall pass appropriate order in the best possible manner within a reasonable time.
- If the student is not satisfied with the Redressal offered by the Institute level committee and feel that his/her Grievance is not redressed, he/she can submit an appeal to the central grievance Redressal committee within a week from the date of receipt of decision with the relevant details.
- While dealing with the complaint the committee at all levels will observe law of natural justice and hear the complainant and concerned people.
- While passing an order on any Grievance at any level the relevant provisions of Act/Regulations should be kept in mind and no such order should be passed in contradiction of the same.
- The student will submit the application of Grievance or appeal to the Institute level committee or central grievance Redressal committee, as the case may be, through the Head of Department and Head of Institute concerned.
- The students may feel free to put up a grievance in writing/online/in the format available in the administrative department and drop it in boxes.
- The Grievance Cell will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
- The Grievance Cell will assure that the grievance has been properly solved in a stipulated time limit provided by the cell.
- The final responsibility for grievance Redressal rests with the Principal of the college.
- The college expects that grievance Redressal be time bound and result oriented. Every grievance is expected to be resolved within a reasonably period.
- The grievance Redressal cell of the college shall monitor status and progress of grievance Redressal and shall furnish report on grievance Redressal position to the director.
The grievance Redressal cell shall not entertain the following issues:
- Decisions of the executive council, academic council, board of studies and other administrative or academic committees constituted by the university.
- Decisions with regard to award of scholarship, fee concessions, medals etc;
- Decisions made by the university with regard to disciplinary matters and misconduct.
- Decisions of the university about admissions in any courses offered by the institute.
- Decisions by competent authority on assessment and examination result.
The grievance Redressal cell of the institute having provision of teaching staff has its members and Principal as the chairman. The cell is having the provision of being reconstituted every year if situation arises for so by the Principal himself along with suggestions sought from the in charge administrative body. Care is taken to select staff members from each stream.
Central Grievance Redressal Committee for the academic Year 2019-20.
|Dr. Mohan Alva||Chairman|
|Dr. Peter Fernandes||Member Convener|
|Dr. Praveen J||Member|
|Dr. Basavaraju B||Member|
Institute Level Grievance Redressal Committee for the academic year 2019-20
Dr. Peter Fernandes, Principal & Chairman
Dr. Basavaraju B., Member Convener
Dr. Dattathreya, Member
Dr. Praveen J., Member
Dr. Ajith Hebbar, Member
Dr. Manjunatha DV, Member
Dr. Satyanaraya, Member
Dr. Manjunatha Kotari, Member
Prof. Jayanth Rathod, Member
Dr. Ramaprasad AT, Member
Dr. Ravikumar C., Member
Prof. Prameela S. Konde, Member
Dr. Clarat Mendonca, Member
Mr. Nikhil Alva, Member